Why regulation for roof works?
There are 2 cases, building a new roof and renovating or repairing an existing one.
Good to know: As a roofer, you are requested to know the building regulations and you must ensure a proper installation. Keep an eye on the new requirements or come back regularly to this page and we will explain them to you.
A new roof must ensure:
- Weather resistance (waterproofing, resistance to wind, adequate drainage...)
- Load resistance for instance snow load
- Resistance to heat loss
- Fire resistance depending on your project
Of course, a new roof usually means a work permit.
A permit may be required if
- The repair or reroofing is more than 25% of the roof area
- You may cause structural alterations, even cracks in the structure
- You change the roof performance, like a lower fire resistance.