FLASHING BAND is a self-adhesive waterproofing tape, consisting of an elastomer bitumen compound mixed with high-quality adhesive resins, which is covered with an aluminium foil and reinforced by a PET film. The adhesive surface is protected by a silicone-coated foil.
Waterproofing Flashing Band for roof details
Aluminium self-adhesive flashing band, used for the waterproofing of chimneys and wall abutments, as well as other sensitive roof details where reliable waterproofing is needed. A highly innovative solution, combining high flexibility and 25% stretchability with butyl-based excellent glueing performance.
Made with UV-stabilized coated aluminium, it has a high resistance to all weather conditions.
Can be used in new build as in renovation
INSTALLATION AND DOCUMENTATION
- The surfaces to be sealed have to be dry.
- FLASHING BAND is cold applied.
- Free from frost, grease and silicone as well as abrasion-proof.
- The best application temperature range is above +5 °C.
- FLASHING BAND has to be pressed on firmly after the application.
- The appearance of cavities (blisters) has to be avoided.
- If several tapes will be applied the overlapping has to be at least 50 mm.
- For chimney and wall abutments, secure long term waterproofing by finishing upper edge of FLASHING BAND with a Z-profile and a strip of silicone mastic.