For which roofing work do you need to follow specific regulation?
We consider 2 cases, building a new roof and renovating an existing one. Let’s see the main points of both situations.
For a new building, several performances are required for a new roof:
- Weather resistance (waterproofing, resistance to wind, adequate drainage...)
- Load resistance, like snow load
- Insulation (resistance to heat loss) that will also provide an enhanced well-being fo you in the building
- Specific fire resistance depending on the area of your project
- Ventilation to be protected from condensation (for larger roofs).
For an existing building, you may need approval if:
- you want to repair or reroof more than 25% of the roof area
- works may cause structural alterations and cracks in the structure
- the new roof has different performance, like lower fire resistance.
Contact us or call your roofer to get more details.